Call for Scores
Bilgi New Music Festival 9
CALL FOR SCORES
Deadline for application: April 12th 2018
Selected Works will be performed by:
Soloists of Ensemble Platypus;
- Doris Nicoletti: Flute
- Theresia Schmidinger: Clarinet
- Sophia Goidinger-Koch: Violin
- Instrumentation: Flute (soprano, alto, piccolo), Clarinet, (Bb, Bass), Violin.
- The music must employ all musicians; smaller combinations won’t be evaluated.
- Duration of the work must not exceed 4 minutes. Exceeding pieces won’t be evaluated.
- Submitted work must be original, never performed before.
- If the work is selected for performance, it will be presented as a “World Premiere”.
- Works can embrace any kind of aesthetic and stylistic approach.
Applications must include;
a. One copy of each part and score; parts and score; All parts and scores must be submitted in PDF format.
b. Short biography (200 words max.); (in Turkish or English), can be in PDF, RTF, DOC, DOCX or TXT formats. Applicant should include phone number and e-mail for correspondence.
c. All files must be combined in a single compressed file (in either .zip or .rar formats); which is named with name and surname of the applicant. (i.e.: “Jane_Doe.zip” or “Jane_Doe.rar”)
10 works will be selected to be performed by the soloists of Ensemble Platypus. Works from composers who hasn’t before been featured in BİLGİ New Music Festival are more likely to be selected over the ones who have participated before. Performed works will be recorded and these will be presented to composers. BİLGİ Music will have the mechanical rights of the recorded works for 1 year.
Selected works will be announced on April 15th 2018. Composers of the selected works will be informed through e-mail.
By submitting their works, composers are considered to have accepted the conditions above.
In case you have any problems during submitting of your files, please inform us about your problems/questions via email@example.com
Click here to send your submission.
About BİLGİ NEW MUSIC FESTIVAL;
The aim of the New Music series is to bring together the academics, composers, musicians and audience, who are interested in the musical movements of 20th Century and create within this scope. Our activities consist of concerts and seminars.
During the concerts, works of currently active composers will be performed as well as avant-garde composers of the 20th Century. Explication and discussion of the musical concepts that belong to this period will constitute the content of the seminars.